Spring Blessings



It seems like blessings keep falling in my lap….


So. Many. Blessings.


God really enjoys giving the desires of your heart when you seek Him. The things you’d like to have, but you don’t think you’ll get. And a lot of the things aren’t needs, they just make life a little sweeter.


I was feeling kinda down. Just kinda tired with some things going through my head. Jesus, I would like some encouragement! Nothing happened. I went through a couple weeks just feeling funky. Nothing was wrong, just something felt “off”. What is going on?! This isn’t normal… My friends were praying... then it slowly went away. I still don’t know what caused it; it was weird.


Life continued.
Our newest 4 legged member, Shimmer.
She's 3/4 Welsh Mountain Pony & 1/4 Halflinger



And then over the last week or so it’s been as if God decided to answer all the quiet desires in my heart at once!


I was praying for a desk for my side of the room. BOOM! One of the families on base was giving away a desk that even had multiple tiers for storage space. And it fit perfectly between my bed and wall.

My Spotify Premium trial was about to end and I wouldn’t have music while I was overseas serving out and about. BOOM! Some other staff on base decided to get a group together to do a family Spotify Premium account. I joined and it’s ridiculously cheap for unlimited, downloadable music that I can listen to anywhere in the world!


Our German Shepherd/Golden Retriever puppies

I was praying about being able to go home this Spring; Spring is my favorite season because of all the new life. I didn’t think I’d be able to go home until June/July because of everything going on with IW, so I was going to waiting. BOOM! Scheduling wise it worked for me to go home on April 8th for 11 days (April is the best month in Texas) and see my new nephew, Matthew (born March 10th), and niece, Elisa (born March 23rd). I also get to play with our 8 German Shepherd/Golden Retriever puppies & new pony foal, Shimmer (I live on a base where animals aren't allowed so I have animal withdrawals πŸ˜‚).
I wasn’t home for Spring last year, so being able to go home briefly is especially sweet.

AND THEN I travel from Texas to Barbados for 7 weeks to work on the Barbados campaign.
Baby Elisa (Eleesa)

Baby Matthew







Where did all that come from?!?!?!?!


Sometimes, you might feel like things just aren’t going well. And you’ll pray, and nothing will happen. God will allow you to flounder and fumble because it makes your rely on Him more. He doesn’t do it to be a tyrant, but when we don’t get what we want when we want it, it does show our heart motive. Will I still love and serve God, pray and read the Bible, even when I don’t “feel it” or feel like I’m getting anything from it?

It was another reminder of God's faithfulness and that He really is there, even when I don't "feel" Him or have a definite answer one way or another to things I'm asking. He's still there, His timing is just different than ours. πŸ˜‰

Comments

  1. So true. I have had that exact experience - more times than I'd like to admit! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment