A Relationship For All Eternity



So, one of the main things (if not the main thing) that single girls look forward to in life is marriage (I'm not a guy so I can't speak for the single men in our midst). I've wanted to get married since I was 4, and I can't imagine how many hours I've spent talking and thinking about the subject. The subject was recently once again brought to the forefront of my thoughts as I've been thinking about various things.
But this morning I was listening to a message by Mike Bickle and it was about having God first in our lives, what that means, etc. After the message I was talking to God about it, asking that He would be my one love that all of the rest of my love came from. And God of course always goes to the heart of the matter because He knows what I've been thinking, and so He said, "All of this will fade away - your marriage will not last for eternity. I will survive for eternity. Your relationship with Me will last for eternity. Don't look for completion from something that won't even be around forever." 

Myself and other young women (and men) look for marriage, yearn for marriage. Yet it won't even last forever. We get so caught up in the thought of sharing this life with someone else, that we forget that that relationship won't survive eternity. And we neglect the one relationship that will last forever - our relationship with our Heavenly Father. 

One day I hope to be married, I long to be married! To have that physical person that I can share everything with, but in the midst of all that, I cannot neglect my relationship and love with God. Because from Him is where all of my love comes from, and "for from Him and through Him and to Him are all things". (Rom. 11:36)

Comments