America.....

This was written September 16th, 2010.

Most of us have driven on a freeway, right? High speeds, crazy driver's, you get the idea. I personally am scared to drive on the Dallas highway's. While driving at 70 MPH, driver's tail gate, cut each other off, and don't pay much attention to the other automobiles on the rode. They are looking out for them-self, I need to get here, I can't be late, I can't believe that person just cut me off. Me, me, me. Yet, isn't that the way we go through our lives? We don't care much for everyone else, and only look to please ourselves. How selfish we are!

America is probably one of the wealthiest, if not the wealthiest nation, in the world.  We want for nothing! Even those with small incomes have food on their tables three times a day. People in 3rd world countries are lucky if they get one small bowl of rice or beans a day. Yet why are we so selfish? We have far more than most other countries, and yet we turn away from their needs when they are put in front of us. The "American Dream" has done the most to propagate this. We're told that we should go to collage, get a job, and make a lot of money, regardless of anyone else. What happened to following and serving God? It is because of Him that our nation became so great!

America reminds me of the Laodicean Church in Revelation 3:17. "Because you say, ‘I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing’—and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked— ." Isn't that America? We are physically rich, yet we do not give God the glory and we have become spiritually poor. And unless America repents, there will be consequences. Revelation 3:15-16,19 “I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth. As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten. Therefore be zealous and repent." Each man, woman, and child is called to repent. Many people want America to repent and turn to God, but what about yourself? It starts with your heart turning to God. Don't worry about America as a whole, worry about your relationship with God. Are you focused on Him? Are you alert to what He is saying in your life? Once you start the process people will see something different, and they will want to know what is different about you. They will start wondering, why do they have peace? How are they still so cheerful even with all of this unrest? And because you have been resting in God and listening to Him, and reading your Bible (which is a very important thing to do), you will "Be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear;" 1 Peter 3:15  Are you prepared?

Comments