Chocolate Powder Cookies

Once upon a time, there was a brother who loved chocolate chip cookies. I mean loved them. Fresh-and-burning-hot-out-of-the-oven-type-of-love. But then, the truth was known about how disastrous white sugar is to the body, and no more was the chocolate smelled in our kitchen. *sob* But, there has always been a hope, a faint glimmer of light, that one day, chocolatey goodness would be baked again.

Okay, maybe it wasn't that dramatic, but chocolate cookies were a must have in our house. Especially around my brother's Birthday, but they were not limited to that occasion.

So, recently I was baking something for someone and my brother came into the kitchen, "Can you make some chocolate cookies?" You could hear the desperation in his voice. "If I find you a recipe for healthy chocolate cookies, will you make it?" I agreed. He went and started searching on his computer, and I started searching on mine. I will spare you the recipe he found of Oatmeal, Chocolate-Coconut, Peanut-Butter, Protein-Powder Cookies (at least until I actually try the recipe), and I would like to introduce to you The Chocolate Powder Cookies - highly altered from their original state. Bon Appétit!

Chocolate Powder Cookies

Ingredients:

1 fresh egg
1 cup sucanat (or whatever healthy sugar you have. Do not use Stevia! Trust me, I learned that the hard way....)
1/2 cup butter
2 1/3 cup organic whole wheat flour
1/4 cup raw milk
1 tsp. aluminum free baking powder
4 Tbs. organic chocolate powder
1 Tbs. organic molasses
1 tsp. organic vanilla
1 tsp. organic cinnamon
1/2 tsp. organic ginger

Preheat oven  to 350°F.
Mix egg, sucanat, butter, milk, molasses, and vanilla together. Add other ingredients. Mix well. Cook for about 15 minutes. Enjoy!

Comments