Gingery Oatmeal Molasses Cookie

So, I've been wanting to make some cookies for a while, but we had too much food in the house. Can you imagine it!? We had too much food! It made me think about all the people in the third world countries that hardly have a bowl of rice a day...


We had recently bought some ginger-snap cookies, and infused with the spicy ginger flavor, I thought I'd try this recipe: Gingery Oatmeal Molasses Cookie; hoping that it would sorta be like ginger-snaps. They weren't; they were in their own ball-park! According to my mom, "They taste like cookie granola bars". They were very soft and chewy, so don't make these if you want something crunchy. ;) I love chewy cookies, so they are great for me! I think I'll have to find another recipe for my mom and brother, though.... they're ginger-snap fanatics.... Also, they weren't very sweet, since the molasses is the only sweetener. Perfect if you want a "cookie snack", as we call them around here. ;)

Ingredients:
1 over-ripe banana
1 cup Organic Whole Wheat Flour
1 cup Organic Oats
1/2 cup Organic Molasses
1 Fresh Egg
1 tsp. Organic Cinnamon
2 1/2 tsp. Organic Ginger
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 Tbs. Chia Seeds

Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Mash banana in large bowl. Add flour and oats. Mix well. Add egg and molasses and mix just until everything is combined. Add remainder ingredients and mix. Drop onto cookie sheet. Bake for 16 minutes and serve.

Beware: They will stick to the bottom of the cookie sheet a little because of the molasses.
Bon Appétit!

Comments

  1. Can't wait to eat this! Nice post. You are invited to follow me back.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment